Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Plans and NY

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Vacation (n): 1. a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday: School children are on vacation now.

It's only July 9th and the kids have been off school for a week, but to me, it feels like summer is half done. I feel like I have every single week planned out with work and activities, which worries me a bit because I don't want the summer to fly by so fast.

This week I'm finishing some editing and formatting. The following week we're camping and the week after that is dedicated to more formatting, writing and cover design time.

What I'm really looking forward to is going to New York this summer. I've never been to NY and we're very excited. We're driving, which means a 10 hour ride of motion sickness for the kids. Yes, they'll need lots of Gravol, but we've driven to Florida last winter, so I'm sure New York should feel like a breeze.

Now, I have a question to anyone who lives in NY or has ever been there. What are the must, must sees? Yes, I can do research on the internet, but there is nothing better than personal experience. We have about 3-4 days there so your wise words of wisdom and suggestions are welcome:)

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

it's been years since I visited New York, so I'm probably not much help.

Cassie Mae said...

Oh I've never been to NY, but if I ever do go, I'm totally making sure I hit the Hershey place. I imagine it's a lot like heaven.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I always hate the way holidays go so fast, and work time goes so slowly. I was hoping to camp this summer, but it'll be too wet in England :-( Enjoy it, and the trip to NY - sounds awesome, I'd love to visit one.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I WANT to go too--to NY. Wish I could tell you all about it but I I've never been.

Teresa

DL Hammons said...

Times Square is a must! Enjoy yourself!! :)

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I've been to NY once and loved it. I wasn't there long unfortunately so I didn't get to see a whole lot. Would love to return one day.
Hope you have a great time!

Gina Gao said...

Times Square, a Broadway show, Empire State Building (take a ride all the way to the top), taking a ride on the subway, walking through 5th Street, do a breakfast at Tiffany's. These are absolute musts!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Cherie Reich said...

Have fun on your vacation! It's been a while since I've gone to NY (about 11 years, I think). The Statue of Liberty is really neat to see, and if you can, go to a Broadway play or musical. They're fantastic and a must-see.

Ciara said...

My highlight of NYC trip last year was seeing a Broadway show. It was amazing.