Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V = Vampires




V is for Vampires
(A-Z Theme: Changes through history)

Vampire (n): 1.a preternatural being, commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse, that is said to suck the blood of sleeping persons at night.

OK, so Vampires can't really change, can they? They are after all "frozen in time". But, through Hollywood, here's how they've changed and evolved since they first appeared on the big screens.















It would be wrong to put another vampire beside Brad Pitt. (and I had trouble adjusting the spacing of the phoots)






Do you have a favourite? For me, Angel and Spike still hold my heart, but Twilight made me a writer.

And, last but not least ;)

Although many think vampires are on the brink of extinction, there's still a huge reader and viewer audience drooling for more. A small bump in the road of over saturated markets is not going to wipe out these creatures anytime soon.


What do you think?

10 comments:

Chippy said...

It's got to be Spike and Angel for me too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Kate is my favorite kind of vampire!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Yep, Angel and Spike for me too. I've been watching repeats on TV recently, and they are still so good!

Sarah Allen said...

The Count is definitely my favorite :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Cassie Mae said...

I have that Edward poster on my wall and whenever I walk into that room in the dark, it scares me every time!

Oh but he's supa sexy! I don't care what anyone else says! He's sexy!!!

Cherie Reich said...

Although I had a lot of fun watching Spike and Angel (well, more Spike making fun of Angel), I'm a big fan of Eric Northman.

Eric W. Trant said...

They aren't extinct. Maybe they will go dormant, but not extinct. I'm thinking horror may make a comeback soon.

Better get that horror novel polished up!


- Eric

Joseph S. Ramirez said...

It's gotta be the Count. He's my very favorite... '1' of all. Ah ah ah! (cue lightening and thunder.)

EvalinaMaria said...

Ooo, I do not like vampires...

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Yep, Angel and Spike are definitely my favourite vampires :)