Saturday, April 14, 2012

M = Me!

This is the only post (other than than IWSG) for the A-Z Challenge I'm not doing about technology because:

M is for Me: Marta

Here are the 10 things you most likely don't know about me:

1. I also write under a different pen name.

2. Szemik is not my legal last name, but it wouldn't be hard to find my real name. Marta is my real first name.

3. I do not wear PJ's to sleep - T-shirts is my style (but from time to time I do make an exception for the hubby ; D

4. English is not my mother tongue and I used to speak French, which isn't my mother tongue either.

5. If my parents had not immigrated to Canada, I could have been a professional skiier (key word is could:)

6. At age of 7 I took 3rd place for GS skiing competition for age group (5-16) When in high school I took 4th place in GS skiing competition for all Catholic high schools in the Province of Ontario (Canada). Very proud of this until this day! Was off by 0.3s from third! Ok, too much bragging.

7. I have a Honours BA degree in Economics with an area of concentration in Financial Analysis

8. At one point I taught securities courses to future brokers (but I am in no way responsible for the financial crisis). I enjoyed the job a lot, because I was good at it!

9. I cannot start a morning without a cup of coffee.

10. I have a full time job as a real estate sales rep.

So, did you learn something new? Feel free to tell me something I don't know about you in the comments.

9 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

It's nice to get to know you better - great idea for M!

I'm not sure there's anything you don't know about me - I'm sure I share far too much.

Cassie Mae said...

I don't wear PJ's either! It's usually underwear or nothing.

I bet that's something you didn't know about me. ;)

DL Hammons said...

I....uh....am still reeling from Cassie's comment.

You definitely have a very diverse past. And you should be proud of your skiing achievements! :)

Geoff Maritz said...

Interesting expose`.
What don't you know about me? Let's see. I studied french through Alliance francaise with the intention of immigrating to Canada. I still can't speak French.
Nice post, Geoff.

shelly said...

Well, I found you through A to Z and am now following. Nice to meet you.

Shelly
Doing A to Z http://secondhandshoesnovel.blosgpot.com/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes, I just learned that now I have more questions!
And what is it with women and t-shirts? Took me forever to get my wife to wear something else to bed.

michelle said...

Some interesting tidbits here... thanks for sharing!

Julie Daines said...

I'm terrible at skiing, and I live within 1 hour of several amazing ski resorts near Park City Utah. Great blog!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I'm awful at skiing, but I'm a t-shirt kind of girl too :)