Monday, February 20, 2012

Here it is...

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Spectrology (n): the study of ghosts, phantoms, or apparitions.

I finally have a blurb for Marked: A Two Halves Novella.  I can't even explain how much I enjoyed writing this one. It was easy, which I cannot often say about writing and my other pieces I'm currently working on. It took a life of its own as Xander told his story. 

The novella digs further into where a few unique characters from the novel come from. It's written from a male POV. The only place I struggled with were the intimate scenes as they were very spicy. And, I decided to keep them that way. Nothing else made sense and making them PG didn't make sense either, simply because that's who Xander was.
Warning: Adult Content
Enjoy!


Xander is a shapeshifter, a watcher, a demon. Stuck in an oblivion between good and evil, he impatiently waits to be marked—with the sphere that will identify him as a servant of the underworld; or with the water mark, serving the keepers of humans, vampires, and warlocks. His twin sister, in love with a man bearing the water mark, wants Xander to follow the path of the good. But Xander is in love with a black witch, minion of the underworld. All he has to do to join her forever . . . is kill. After all, there's something good about being bad.








What do you think? And, Have you signed up for the A-Z Challenge yet?

20 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great blurb. And no, I'm not signing up for the challenge.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Blurb is perfect - just the right length to entice. Ready for the Challenge!

Nancy said...

sounds great and I am signed up for the challenge. I wonder if it is cheating to do them ahead of time?

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! on your milestone! Your blurb is fine. Best wishes to you and your book!

Cate Masters said...

Love that hook! Very catchy. I'm a sucker for black humor. I also love your covers, very cool.

Annalisa Crawford said...

It does just what it's meant to - get me interested and ready to buy!

Cassie Mae said...

Oh ho! Chills! Awesome :D

David P. King said...

Now that sounds like a neat read. Thanks for sharing it.

I gave you a Shout-Out on my blog today, just so you know. :)

cleemckenzie said...

Super blurb! And,yes, I'm in the A-Z Challenge. Gulp! Off to create something splendid for my Z post in March! Wish me luck.

ali cross said...

Ooh, I like it! Love your cover and the blurb. And yes ... there IS something good about being bad! That's what my own MC struggles with!

Alice said...

sounds interesing

M Pax said...

Want to work on my blurbs? I love yours. Great job, Marta.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

oh, interesting blurb. Intriguing.

Ciara said...

Oh, LOVE the blurb. It's perfect. I'm ready for the A-Z. Yay!

Unknown said...

Congrats! The blurb is fantastic!!! I love the cover art, as well. How neat!

I'm still wavering on the whole A-Z Challenge. I was a host last year and BOY OH BOY was it a lot to take in.

Elliot Grace said...

...hopped over from Roland's blog to congratulate your accomplishment ;)

Well done, your novella has sparked interest!

El

Shannon Lawrence said...

Great blurb; your novella sounds really good. Definitely ready for the A-to-Z!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

Cherie Reich said...

Awesome description! Love the cover art too. :)

Margo Berendsen said...

That is a good blurb. The twin sister, the choice between marks, the last line - wow!