Monday, January 23, 2012

Finding My Muse...

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Xenophobia (n)an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange.

Warning: This post will contain information on how my mind can have very twisted ideas :)

No, not a writing Muse. A different kind of Muse. One that will motivate me to do something I really want but don't have the will to do it.

Last April I was getting ready for my son's communion and I lost 15 pound in one month. Yes, I ate, but it was a very strict diet, one I don't want to repeat.

Since then, I've gained 8 of those pounds back, which is not too bad. I don't consider myself overweight, but I do lack cardio exercises. If I was more active (instead of sitting on my but, typing), I would be less fatigued, perhaps in better shape and happier. Extra cardio could get rid of those 8 pounds I don't like on me and make my heart stronger. Yes, I know it does not sound like a lot, but if it's the last 8 you want to shed for your ideal weight, then it is.

I used to do Pilates (in fact got certified in it) and I still do some exercises when my body needs it, so I am active, but activities such as Pilates or skiing don't get my heart pumping the way it should. Skiing to me is relaxing and I don't do Pilates long enough to get the heart going (did I mention I don't like cardio?)

So, here's where I'm going with this and where my Muse comes in. Dancing With The Stars (DWTS) is one of my favorite shows, but in addition to wanting to see professional dancers, I watch it for one person only:


Derek Hough (otherwise known as "Yummy"). I don't know the source of this photo. I received it from my hubby last Valentine. He pretended he was Derek and invited me to a date (nice one for the hubby)!. Yes, the date was hot, because in my mind I was on a date with the hunk above (kidding).

So, in order to find motivation I allowed myself to think "Big" and let my imagination fly away.

Ready?

What if my book was sooooo big and sooooo successful, I would become soooo famous and get invited to DWTS! It's possible right? (at least hide your chuckles people!)
Better yet, the book is soooo good, that Derek wants to star in a movie making of the book, but let's go with the first idea, since it is more likely to happen than the second (I'm hearing the sound of laughing muppets in the background, don't know why).
If I ever get invited to dance with Derek, I have to be able to pull it off and that's where the cardio comes in. I need to prepare my heart (no, not so it does not leap out of my chest) to dance all night long.

And that's how my twisted mind works. I will only do cardio, not because it's better for my health, but because there's a possibility (when pigs fly) that one day, my Muse will dance with me at DWTS.

OK, better get that dust off the treadmill...

p.s. I'm serious though about the weight loss and the cardio

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

This post made me chuckle. Sorry I can't help, because I do like the cardio.

Arlee Bird said...

We all have that different muse that appeals to us and impels us toward our goals. My muse can't dance, but neither can I.


Lee
Wrote By Rote

Annalisa Crawford said...

Whatever works for you is good. Sometimes when I'm on the rower, I pretend I'm rowing towards Bradley Cooper - he's there on the finish line, waiting to sweep me off my feet. (Ooops - did I share too much? lol)

Ciara said...

I LOVE cardio. Most of all Zumba, mountain biking, and hiking. Someday, I hope to get new discs in my back so I can return to all that. For now, I'll walk and think about P90X. :)

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I love cardio, but have been hating running lately. I will say, people who just jump into P90X often don't make it through the first week. I would try some simpler crossfit dvd's first.

And I need to probably spend more time in my chair writing...

Natalie Aguirre said...

I need to get out of my chair and exercise more too. Hope your motivation works.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I didn't come back just to look at that photo again, honest! I came to say I've left an awrd for you on my blog.

Tina said...

The whole key is finding the right motivator! Congrats on finding yours, and may I say, a damn hot one at that! I've been poking around here at your place and am having a great time! I'm now your new follower.

Tina @ Life is Good

Co-Host of the April 2012 Blogging from A to Z Challenge

Twitter: #atozchallenge

Marta Szemik said...

Welcome Tina:)
Hope you enjoy!