Saturday, October 1, 2011

I let go...

WORD OF THE DAY

Incredulous: (adj) not disposed or willing to believe; unbelieving

I just noticed reading through my last blog I called myself a writer. Wow! I didn't think I would do that for a while, or until I was published, but I really do feel now like a writer. After all, I write. Right? (chuckle)

So, I finally sent out my query letters. Yay - I let go. How does it feel? Honestly, before I sent the first one, I thought I'd throw up. After I sent it, there was relief as if I'd swallowed a packet of gravol (I did not do that so do not worry!). The butterfly sensation you get in your stomach turned into an elephant stampede (I used that in my new novel).  It's a good feeling letting go. Now I'm happy (yes, the nerves are still there) but if you don't try, you won't know. I'm sure I'm not the first nor the last to be in this situation. I truly believe that someone will fall in love with TWO HALVES - there's just no other way.

Having said that, there's a possibility I'll get a request for my manuscript (picture me on my knees). Yes, I know my odds, but I did work hard, so maybe my slim odds are a little better, by a fraction. My gut says yes. Which means, I'm back at re-reading the manuscript, looking for any other typos, errors. I'm second guessing. I'm halfway through - have not found anything yet. So perhaps, that gut feeling is a good feeling after all.

Now it's time to wait... and wait... and wait...

That will be me for the next four to six weeks as I start receiving the replies. Some may be sooner...

In the meantime, I'm going through the manuscript for the last time. Then back to writing. No, I'm not crazy, just in love with writing...

No comments: